Student Travel Support
The Student Travel Support of MSC 2015 is meant to enable promising students to attend the conference, present their papers and become more integrated into their scientific community. IEEE Control Systems Society funds will be used to cover student (or regular, in rare cases) registration. Depending on the number of applications, modest levels of additional support might be available.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible, applicants
- Must be an author or co-author of (at least) one paper accepted for presentation at MSC 2015 ;
- Must present at least one of the accepted papers;
- Must be a student member of both IEEE and CSS at the time of the application.
In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, additional criteria will be used to make a selection among the applicants. These additional criteria, in decreasing order of importance, prefer
- Applicants who have not benefited from this scheme in the last two years.
- Applicants who will present more than one paper at the conference.
- Applicants who can demonstrate active participation in CSS.
In addition, the selection committee may decide to limit awards where more than one presenter from the same institution would otherwise be offered an award to attend the same conference.
To apply, students must download the Student Travel Support Application Form, fill it in, convert it into the PDF format, and upload it through PaperPlaza as follows:
- Step 1: Select "Submit a paper or session proposal for the MSC 2015"
- Step 2: Select "First Submissions: Student Travel Form"
- Step 3: To complete the application procedure, the Student's Advisor must contact via e-mail Luca Zaccarian, Chair of Student Activities Committee of the IEEE Control Systems Society (email@example.com), and provide him with the following information:
- Certification that the applicant is currently enrolled as a student and is planning to attend and present a paper at the MSC 2015
- Short message of support of the Student's application.
A student application not accompanied by the Advisor's support letter will not be considered for support.
Deadlines and Award Notification
- June 25 2015: Decision letters about papers submitted to MSC 2015 are sent out
- July 22, 2015: Deadline for applying for the Student Travel Support
- August 5, 2015 (tentative): decision messages about travel support recipients are expected to be sent out.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: do not register until you have received the decision letter where the details of the special registration procedure for Student Travel Awardees will be announced. Please be aware that the registration fee can potentially not be reimbursed in case you have already registered using the standard registration procedure.*
- August 15, 2015: Deadline for completing the on-line registration and uploading the final version of the manuscript The Chair of Student Activities Committee (Tuan Hoang: Tuan.Hoang@uts.edu.au) can provide an official letter confirming the receipt of the award, if required.
Conditions of the Award
- The award is not transferable
- The award recipient will participate in, and present, at least one paper at the conference