Best Student Paper Award
To recognize excellence in an MSC paper contribution whose primary contributor is a Student Member of the IEEE.
Originality, clarity, and potential impact on practical applications or theoretical foundations of control.
To be eligible, the primary and first listed author must be a student at the time of original submission and have a current IEEE membership for the year 2015, and the paper must have been accepted for presentation at the MSC 2015. Nominations have to be provisionally made at the time of paper submission, following the procedure outlined below.
Nominations must be made by the student's major professor (advisor) through PaperPlaza by May 15, 2015.
- Fill out the nomination form
- Submit the form for Best Student Paper Award by following: Start => Submit a paper or session proposal links. Then submit the nomination by clicking the "Submit" link next to Paper Award Nomination.
The nominating form must be filled out in full containing the following information:
- A paragraph certifying that the nominee is the main author of the paper, was a student at the time of the nomination and has a current IEEE membership for the year 2015. The student's IEEE membership number must be included in the nominating letter.
- A paragraph with a brief description of the contribution of the paper and the main reason why the paper is being nominated for the award.
- The advisor's telephone number and e-mail address.
- Session code and the original submission number assigned by PaperPlaza.
- Nominations are limited to one per advisor.
Certificate laminated on a plaque and travel expenses to the MSC for one recipient (round trip restricted (minimal) coach air fare, conference registration, and up to 4 conference-rate hotel-nights for a 3-day conference, and up to 5 conference-rate hotel-nights for a 4-day conference). All finalists receive certificates and free student conference registrations.
Funded by the IEEE Control Systems Society (General Chair includes this in the budget as a conference expense).
At the MSC banquet or special event.
For information on the award, please contact Alessandro Beghi (firstname.lastname@example.org).